Business Development Manager- Smart Metering
The Business Development Manager – Smart Metering role:
- Drive awareness and adoption of Stark’s Smart Metering products and services through active outbound engagement with domestic energy suppliers.
- Position Stark as the preferred Smart Metering service provider for domestic energy suppliers by clearly articulating Stark’s added-value and points of difference.
- Support Stark’s existing non-domestic supplier channel as required, to help distil and convert Smart Metering opportunities.
- Leverage existing and develop new relationships with domestic energy suppliers, to identify and convert opportunities for Stark’s Smart Metering products and services.
- Leverage industry contacts and networks to increase the profile and adoption of Stark’s Smart Metering products and services.
- Develop, implement and take a leading role in the execution of an engagement strategy, targeting new entrant suppliers.
- Position Stark as the provider of choice for Elective Half Hourly Services.
- Manage and maintain a weighted sales opportunity pipeline, making recommendations on any developments and/or investments required to maximise conversion.
- Develop and maintain a Smart Metering market map that details all domestic and non-domestic energy suppliers, their smart metering arrangements, partnerships and volumes.
- Prepare monthly market and sales activity updates for the Stark Utility Funding (SUFL) board and key stakeholders.
- Deliver against agreed Business Development targets and objectives.
- Develop a strong industry network.
- Track record of success in a sales, business development or entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion for our sector, and transforming the energy sector through technology.
- Strategic thinker who can apply a range of analytical techniques to prioritise activities.
- Confidently handles complex sales and negotiation processes and is able to respond to unanticipated situations.
- Sector experience is preferred, as is evidence of familiarity of working in a high growth, high tech environment.
- Is able to influence others to bring company resources to bear on complex situations.
- Is able to effectively time manage between short term reactive and proactively achieving key business goals.
Skills and Experience required:
- Energy background, electricity industry and smart metering experience highly desirable.
- Attention for detail, customer focused, willing to go the extra mile, positive attitude, team player, good communication skills.
- Outlook and Microsoft Office skills.
Minimum qualifications required:
- GSCE (or equivalent) Grade A-C Maths and English.
- Good passes at A level or equivalent.
- A degree is desirable but not essential.
This role is home based but must be within easy reach of either of Starks offices in either Horley or Blackpool. At least 2 days a week will be spent travelling to meet clients and then regular attendance at either the Stark offices is also required as and when the need arises for training, meetings, etc.
- Regular travel required. Successful candidate should expect to be staying away at least 2-nights per week.
- Car owner and Full Driving Licence required.
Please send in your CV and a covering letter, both in PDF format, explaining why you think you would be suitable for this role. Please note that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to respond to all.
We comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our Data Protection Policy.