Business Development Manager- Suppliers
The Business Development Manager – Suppliers role:
- Provide expert account management to electricity and gas suppliers critical to Stark’s future growth.
- Defend Stark’s commercial interests with those suppliers while developing long term, stable relations through regular face-to-face meetings.
- Make Stark the provider of choice for metering and data services to new entrant and mid-tier suppliers.
- Organise and lead regular commercial and operational meetings with Suppliers and develop strong relationships with multiple stakeholders within each supplier account.
- Work closely with suppliers to understand their current and evolving needs, in order that Stark can align relevant products and services to successfully address.
- Develop industry-leading understanding of existing and new suppliers, their requirements, and how Stark’s propositions should adapt to better serve them.
- Increase Stark’s share of business with existing suppliers and open new relationships.
- Working with the Head of Business Development and Head of Major Accounts, lead negotiations with suppliers.
- Leverage supplier relationships to enable the Sales team to deliver customer growth.
- Manage and maintain a weighted sales opportunity pipeline, making recommendations on any developments and/or investments required to maximise conversion.
- Prepare monthly market and sales activity updates for the Head of Business Development and Head of Major Accounts.
- Effectively cross-sell Stark’s products and services based on a deep understanding of each suppliers challenges and needs.
- Deliver against agreed Business Development targets and objectives.
- Develop a strong industry network.
- Track record of success in a sales, business development or entrepreneurial environment.
- Passion for our sector, and transforming the energy sector through technology.
- Strategic thinker who can apply a range of analytical techniques to prioritise activities.
- Confidently handles complex sales and negotiation processes and is able to respond to unanticipated situations.
- Sector experience is preferred, as is evidence of familiarity of working in a high growth, high tech environment.
- Is able to influence others to bring company resources to bear on complex situations .
- Is able to effectively time manage between short term reactive and proactively achieving key business goals.
Skills and Experience required:
- Energy background, electricity industry and smart metering experience highly desirable.
- Attention for detail, customer focused, willing to go the extra mile, positive attitude, team player, good communication skills.
- Outlook and Microsoft Office skills.
Minimum qualifications required:
- GSCE (or equivalent) Grade A-C Maths and English.
- Good passes at A level or equivalent.
- A degree is desirable but not essential.
This role is home based but must be within easy reach of either of Starks offices in either Horley or Blackpool. At least 2 days a week will be spent travelling to meet clients and then regular attendance at either the Stark offices is also required as and when the need arises for training, meetings, etc.
- Regular travel required. Successful candidate should expect to be staying away at least 2-nights per week.
- Car owner and Full Driving Licence required.
Please send in your CV and a covering letter, both in PDF format, explaining why you think you would be suitable for this role. Please note that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to respond to all.
We comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our Data Protection Policy.