Commercial & Legal Analyst (12 month FTC)
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Progress a range of commercial projects including but not limited to: risk management, monitoring processes and identifying refinements and improvements.
- Participate and contribute towards cross divisional projects.
- Understand Stark’s overall business objectives and work to achieving these by contributing to and progressing department objectives.
- Assist in the population of the CRM database and organisation of the contracts library.
- Process sales orders, contract amendments, commercial queries and general administrative tasks in a timely fashion and in accordance with agreed KPIs.
- Supports the Sales Department with contract renewals and tender documents.
- Support the management of strategic suppliers to Stark.
- Support other team members with expert knowledge and advice.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of training materials, support documents and procedures.
- Support the Commercial Executives and Commercial & Finance Director at all times.
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
- Adhere to all Stark policies, procedures and working practices.
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by what you do; use work equipment provided safely and co-operate with managers to provide safe systems of work.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Demonstrate a customer focused approach; and an expectation of others to do likewise.
- Supportive and helpful team player with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others to increase team performance.
- Deliver a high volume of quality work on time.
- Strive to get things right first time.
- Strive to meet objectives and improve performance.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Prioritise work well
- Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision.
- Reflect and evaluate own performance in order to identify areas for improvement; maintain a learning and development plan.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Articulate, professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- Present information clearly and in an engaging way.
- Good interpersonal and rapport-building abilities.
- Precise and appropriate written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner
- Good listener; can understand the needs of customers and colleagues
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Keep up to date with advances in business area, new methods and ways of working.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.
Your performance and development in the role will be discussed with you in a quarterly Personal Development Review (PDR) meeting and on a more in-depth basis annually. Your performance will be measured by:
- assessment of achievement of personal and team objectives
- assessment against competencies defined in this Job Profile