Maternity Cover Fixed term – 12-18 month
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and financial accounts
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Reconcile the company bank account and prepare a cash flow forecast on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly revenue reconciliation report.
- Undertake thorough customer reconciliations to identify and immediately rectify any discrepancies.
- Prepare monthly salaries and all year end salary procedures, administration of pension scheme, liaise with Customs & Revenue and employees as necessary.
- Prepare Quarterly VAT returns.
- Generate and input sales invoices.
- Manage fixed assets register.
- Prepare and post journals.
- Assist in the preparation of all the year-end functions and liaise with external auditor.
- Provide cross support across the Group.
- Attending and contributing to monthly management meetings.
- Proactively seek to improve controls over revenue assurance.
- Proactively seek ways to improve Finance processes and systems.
- Carry out tasks as defined in any direct report’s job profiles.
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
- Adhere to all Stark policies, procedures and working practices.
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by what you do; use work equipment provided safely and co-operate with managers to provide safe systems of work.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- CIMA or ACCA qualified or part qualified
- Up to date knowledge of payroll processing and personal taxation
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Keep up to date with advances in business area, new methods and ways of working.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of Sage and Excel
- Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Demonstrate a customer focused approach; and an expectation of others to do likewise.
- Supportive and helpful team player with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others to increase team performance.
- Deliver a high volume of quality work on time.
- Strive to get things right first time.
- Strive to meet objectives and improve performance.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Prioritise work well
- Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision.
- Reflect and evaluate own performance in order to identify areas for improvement; maintain a learning and development plan.
- Articulate, professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- Present information clearly and in an engaging way.
- Good interpersonal and rapport-building abilities.
- Precise and appropriate written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner
- Good listener; can understand the needs of customers and colleagues
Previous experience working within a Sales Ledger or similar/comparable Finance role required.
We comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our Data Protection Policy.