Product Manager – Stark Zero – Horley/Home-based
Stark has led the market in energy data and analytics for almost 40 years. Today, Stark provides energy services to over thirty thousand businesses and organisations, and processes data for just under 20% of the UK’s electricity consumption every day. Our flagship SaaS analytics platform, Stark ID, is the tool of choice for thousands of energy professionals. Stark continues to expand its’ product suite with solutions that help businesses reduce their energy consumption, costs and carbon emissions. This includes Stark’s newly launched platform, Stark Zero, which is designed to support businesses in meeting their Net Zero targets.
The Product Manager for Stark Zero will extend Stark’s market leadership in the Net Zero space by further developing the features of Stark Zero. Your primary responsibility will be developing and delivering the roadmap for Stark Zero, informed by your deep understanding of analytics, energy management and Net Zero. You must identify and deliver compelling product features that meet the needs of our evolving customer base, drive users to engage in the Stark Zero platform, and create opportunities for upselling Stark’s existing products. You will be passionate about applying technology to solve energy challenges and will approach opportunities with a strong strategic mindset. You will be a natural collaborator and able to build consensus across teams, especially in technology, data science, sales, marketing and customer support through your strategic approach, empathy and commercial outlook.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Own the future vision for Stark’s newest software platform, Stark Zero
- Build and own the product roadmap which underpins the Stark Zero product vision, maintains our market innovator credentials and delights our customers
- Develop deep understanding of our customers, their needs and the services we need to provide to retain them
- Steward products through the development cycle, utilising agile principles, working seamlessly with our Technology team
- Work closely with fellow Product Managers to align the Stark Zero roadmap with the roadmaps for our other products and collaborate to develop new, cohesive solutions
- Work closely with the Partnership Manager to integrate third-party offerings into our arsenal of Net Zero solutions to ensure our customers are getting impactful, market-leading services
- Ensure seamless end-to-end delivery of Net Zero services across the business with all stakeholders (sales, project delivery, customer support, commercial, finance)
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
- Adhere to all Stark policies, procedures and working practices.
- To adhere to the company’s Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives
- To work in accordance with the GDPR
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
Strong undergraduate or post-graduate qualifications in demanding discipline
- You either already understand the energy market and Net Zero, or you are searching for the opportunity to immerse yourself in it
- Strong strategic toolkit: you understand how to gather and synthesise customer, technology and competitor data into compelling product strategies
- Well versed in software development cycles and product development in tech environment
- Understanding of data, data science, communications and software development
Skills / Ability
- Present information clearly and in an engaging way – first class communicator
- Very strong interpersonal and rapport-building abilities, brilliant collaborator
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong data analysis skills, with the ability to build models and analyse data in excel
- A customer champion – can advocate for the customer
- Natural collaborator and influencer – can develop and defend product vision, and secure consensus across the business
- First class communicator – in any setting and any medium – as happy to champion Stark at a conference as engage your peers in the office
- Natural commercial acumen and strong radar for what works in sales and marketing
- Ambitious, keen to learn and keen to make an impact
- Previous demonstrable experience of developing strategy and delivering successful products
- Worked in a high growth tech or energy business in a product management role
- Strong strategy toolkit: demonstrable ability to turn customer feedback, market and competitor analysis understanding and technology opportunities and constraints into a coherent product plan
This job profile including reporting lines and job title will be reviewed regularly and will be changed as and when necessary in accordance with business requirements. Your performance and development in the role will be discussed with you in a quarterly Personal Development Review (PDR) meeting and on a more in-depth basis annually. Your performance will be measured by: assessment of achievement of personal and team objectives assessment against competencies defined in this Job Profile ‘360°’ degree feedback will be obtained from line manager, other selected managers, colleagues, third parties and stakeholders (both internal and external) as appropriate.