Are you an experienced Software Test Engineer? Can you provide a high quality of systems testing? Then this could be the role for you.
This position plays an important role in the software development life cycle as it is responsible for testing our software solutions to ensure the highest quality for software release. As we are currently moving from a legacy testing process towards an agile development environment using Team Foundation Server, the ability to work closely with our Development Team is essential.
The successful candidate will be required to quickly gain an understanding of our internal procedures, database structures and software applications, be an excellent communicator both verbally and in written work, and be numerate, logical, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Job role includes:
- Responsible for testing SSI software systems, including unit testing, regression testing to ensure the highest quality software prior to release, and ongoing soak testing of the systems
- Liaise with the Development team when required to help resolve any failed tests
- Work alongside the Software Development team in the continual development of SavenergyOnline website
- Assist Testing and Development Team in moving from a legacy testing process towards an agile development environment using Team Foundation Server
- Devise test plans and document all tests carried out using the Job Progress Log (JPL) system
- Carry out testing of the SavenergyOnline website including penetration testing and load testing
- Carry out testing of the Clarity systems when requested, liaising with the Clarity Technical Team as required
- Provide technical support of Stark software systems, including SavenergyOnline, Essentials, Reality and the Stark CRM to customers, both internal and external
- Configure Stark software systems including SavenergyOnline, Essentials and Reality
- Interact with SavenergyOnline and CRM databases
- Follow guidelines and procedures as set out in the Testing Procedures Manual
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Testing Procedures Manual as and when required
Ideal candidates will be educated to degree level in Computer Science or other science based subject.
Experience with SQL (SQL Server and Oracle) is preferred.
Please note that only candidates with the Right to Work in the UK can be considered.