Software Test Engineer – Horley/Home-based
This position plays an important role in the software development life cycle as it is responsible for testing our software solutions to ensure the highest quality for software release. As we are currently moving from a legacy testing process towards an agile development environment using Team Foundation Server, the ability to work closely with our Development Team is essential.
The successful candidate will be required to quickly gain an understanding of our internal procedures, database structures and software applications, be an excellent communicator both verbally and in written work, and be numerate, logical, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Job role includes:
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Demonstrate a customer focused consultative approach and an expectation of others to do likewise.
- Be a supportive and helpful team player with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others to increase team performance.
- Deliver a high volume of quality work on time.
- Strive to get things right first time.
- Strive to meet objectives and improve performance.
- Have a good attention to detail and prioritise work well.
- Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision.
- Reflect and evaluate own performance in order to identify areas for improvement; maintain a learning and development plan.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Articulate, professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- Present information clearly and in an engaging way.
- Good interpersonal and rapport-building abilities.
- Have precise and appropriate written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Good listener; can understand the needs of customers and colleagues.
Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
- Applies previous testing experience (if applicable)
- Applies knowledge of SQL server, Oracle and online web systems.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Keep up to date with advances in business area, new methods and ways of working.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.
Your performance and development in the role will be discussed with you in a quarterly Personal Development Review (PDR) meeting and on a more in-depth basis annually. Your performance will be measured by: assessment of achievement of personal and team objectives assessment against competencies defined in this Job Profile ‘360°’ degree feedback will be obtained from line manager, other selected managers, colleagues, third parties and stakeholders (both internal and external) as appropriate.
This job profile including reporting lines and job title will be reviewed regularly and will be changed as and when necessary in accordance with business requirements.
We comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our Data Protection Policy.