UI/UX DESIGNER – Horley
Stark is looking for a designer with UI/UX design prowess to help us to bring forward the user experience and interface of our software applications and present a consistent brand to our customers across other assets.
You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining the platform designs critical to help businesses across the UK to manage energy consumption to help them move towards a net zero road map.
Plus become the brand guardian to ensure Stark’s identity across all other customer touchpoints is presented consistently. This is a new hire position and a great opportunity to be a thought leader within the business. We are a lean, passionate, and friendly team who thrive on solving problems and with data integrity at the heart of everything we do. Your day to day will be varied to include working with different teams to support product roadmaps. As well as supporting the marketing team to create engaging and on-brand designs for a variety of assets customer facing assets.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Review our external and internal products from a user perspective
- Be involved with and develop a variety of projects develop – software platforms, website, email campaigns and more
- Design user experiences through flow diagrams, storyboards, and wireframes
- Analyse customer activity and work with stakeholders to enhance the user experience
- Delve deeper to understand our customers and how they interact with our products, qualitative and quantitative, setting up and evaluating surveys and interviews
- Collaborate with our Product Owners and developers/engineers to deliver against product requirements
- Mix things up and work on graphic design projects as well as core UI/UX workstreams
- Enhance proposal documents and pitch decks by creating iconography and diagrams that pictorially represent the more complex information.
- Work across smaller concept creations to ensure they are relevant, on-brand and work for all formats
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
- Adhere to all Stark policies, procedures and working practices.
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by what you do; use work equipment provided safely and co-operate with managers to provide safe systems of work.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
You will be passionate about the customer experience to design creative and intuitive user interfaces to shape their experience
Be comfortable leading the creative process from the creation of user journeys through to wireframes, visuals and then front end development.
- Confidence to articulate design decisions to peers, developers, and product managers.
- A demonstrable understanding of complex systems and champion the customer experience to make design decisions in the context of the bigger picture
- Passionate about solving user problems and creating simple, easy to use interfaces.
- Capable of working independently and with a number of different stakeholders and comfortable to ask for support when needed
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Demonstrate a customer focused approach; and an expectation of others to do likewise.
- Supportive and helpful team player with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others to increase team performance.
- Deliver a high volume of quality work on time.
- Strive to get things right first time.
- Strive to meet objectives and improve performance.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Prioritise work well
- Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision.
- Reflect and evaluate own performance in order to identify areas for improvement; maintain a learning and development plan.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Articulate, professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- Present information clearly and in an engaging way.
- Good interpersonal and rapport-building abilities.
- Precise and appropriate written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner
- Good listener; can understand the needs of customers and colleagues
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Proven experience with UI and UX design for software and web applications and a sound understanding of good clean visual design
- An understanding of working with design systems and brand guidelines.
- You have experience with typography, colour, layout, and imagery and know how to bring these elements together to bring your projects to life.
- You have strong editorial design ability and can create clarity from copy dense material.
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite
- HTML and CSS skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Keep up to date with advances in business area, new methods and ways of working.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.
Your performance and development in the role will be discussed with you in a quarterly Personal Development Review (PDR) meeting and on a more in-depth basis annually. Your performance will be measured by:
- assessment of achievement of personal and team objectives
- assessment against competencies defined in this Job Profile