Warehouse Co-ordinator – Blackpool
To proactively co-ordinate all stock belonging to the Stark group of companies and maintain a safe working environment at all times at the Blackpool warehouse.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Warehouse Co-Ordinator :
- Proactively manage stock via stock control system.
- Deal with all stock deliveries to the warehouse and arrange suitable delivery times where necessary. Ensure all deliveries are made to the warehouse and not Amy Johnson House.
- All stock to be checked against delivery note, scanned into stock control system, all delivery notes to be filed accordingly. Stock on system should match delivery.
- Liaise with appropriate person either internally or externally should any deliveries be incorrect/damaged. Chase up part deliveries for delivery of remaining items.
- Notify appropriate person that a delivery has arrived if required.
- All delivered stock to be located in the correct storage area within the warehouse ensuring the stock is safe and can be easily accessed. Manual handling procedures must be adhered to at all times.
- Despatch any stock to timescales as per requests from Stark head office or field engineer teams using approved carrier. Stock to be packed safely for despatch and shipping list included in all parcels.
- Operate a ‘first in first out’ policy on all stock.
- Ensure that all stock despatched from the warehouse has been scanned on the stock management system and allocated to the correct person or location. Stark asset control system to agree with stock control system at all times.
- Investigate and rectify any discrepancies between the stock and asset systems or notify the appropriate person within the Stark group.
- Ensure that all stock is correctly labelled and in correct storage area of warehouse.
- Ensure returned goods are correctly documented from the field engineers. Update stock control systems with returns promptly.
- Manage returns to manufacturers.
- SIM removal from P2G returns and notification to PDS promptly.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels in the warehouse for AMR/Gas metering department an field engineers
- Ensure waste is dealt with effectively and removed in compliance with STS waste disposal procedures and Waste management legislation.
- Ensure waste bins put out for collection on appropriate day to minimise waste kept in the warehouse.
- Notify line manager if any stock is out of date.
- Timely use of Stark emails to ensure stock requests are dealt with promptly and timescales for delivery are met.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Ensure refurbished loggers are sent out for maintenance jobs only and correctly logged.
- Keep all warehouse areas clean and tidy.
- Working with the field team to optimise stock levels to ensure sufficient up to date stock is held (but not overstocked) and manage appropriate storage and timely disposal of unrequired stock.
Sub Metering Team Assistance:
- Assist Sub Metering team via pick list requests to ensure they have all correct items required to complete their jobs/projects.
- Restock all ancillaries for Sub Metering team according to agreed stock levels.
- Assist with MMU (panel) builds once training completed
- Gain proficient use of power tools and hand tools.
- Comfortable in working in the warehouse alone
- Ensure the safe keeping of issued equipment.
- Promptly respond to scheduling enquiries and maintain frequent contact with Head Office.
- Abide by customer’s and Stark’s health and safety and security procedures.
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
- Adhere to all Stark policies, procedures and working practices including all health and safety requirements.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Certification:
- Must complete and maintain mandatory training including:
o DBS certificate
o Manual Handling
o Data Protection
o Display Screen Equipment
o Driver Awareness
o Equality & Diversity
o Lone Working
o Asbestos Awareness
o Fire Awareness
o Working in Confined spaces
o Electrical Safety
o Working at Height
o Personal Protective Equipment
- Will be required to study for and attain an Apprenticeship qualification in Warehousing
- Knowledge of Stark products, services and operations.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Keep up to date with changes to legislation and applicable codes of practice.
- Successfully complete full Stark induction and training programme and undertake refresher training as necessary.
- Manual handling practical training.
- Risk Assessment.
- Relevant stock management and administration experience.
- Strong co-ordination and organisational skills.
- Confident and accurate stock data capture and inputting skills.
- Successfully complete full STS induction and training programme and undertake refresher training as required.
- Demonstrate a customer focused approach, ability to quickly build rapport.
- Flexible, helpful and friendly approach.
- Demonstrate ownership of issues and use initiative.
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others.
- Strive to get things right first time.
- Attention to detail is paramount in completing documentation.
- Work effectively, safely and responsibly without supervision, lone working.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and rapport-building abilities.
Other essential requirements:
- Must have the following:
o reasonable level of physical fitness and manual dexterity to undertake regular manual handling;
o full UK driving licence and produce all driver documentation whenever required.
- Must immediately report to line manager:
o any health or medical conditions which could affect ability to drive and/or do the job
o any driving accidents, points on driving licence, prosecutions or loss of driving licence
- Be able to drive frequently, on long distances and travel out of region as necessary including occasional overnight stays.
- Prepared to work in all weathers, and in sometimes difficult or dirty conditions.
- Your performance and development in the role will be discussed with you in regular Personal Development Review (PDR) meetings and on a more in-depth basis annually. Your performance will be measured by:
o assessment of achievement of personal and team objectives
o assessment against competencies defined in this Job Profile
o feedback obtained from line manager, colleagues, third parties and stakeholders (both internal and external) as appropriate.
Job profile changes
This job profile including reporting lines and job title will be reviewed regularly and will be changed as and when necessary in accordance with business requirements.