Web Application Developer – Horley/Home-based
To provide an excellent standard of software development and ensure all Technical Division key performance indicators are followed.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Draw up precise specifications prior to development against which test plans can be created.
- Design and develop software to a high standard according to Stark programming guidelines and procedures for reliability and maintainability.
- Accurately document developments according to procedures for internal documentation and documentation for customers
- Unit test development work prior to release to Testing Department
- Participate in regular training/ learning activities to maintain and develop skills and knowledge.
- Adhere to all Stark policies, procedures and working practices.
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by what you do; use work equipment provided safely and co-operate with managers to provide safe systems of work.
- Any other reasonable duties as required. Competencies/Skills
- Consistently professional, confident and calm even in challenging situations.
- Demonstrate a customer focused approach; and an expectation of others to do likewise.
- Supportive and helpful team player with a flexible and positive attitude.
- Proactively share knowledge, skills and experience with others to increase team performance.
- Deliver a high volume of quality work on time.
- Strive to get things right first time.
- Strive to meet objectives and improve performance.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Prioritise work well
- Work effectively and responsibly without close supervision.
- Reflect and evaluate own performance in order to identify areas for improvement; maintain a learning and development plan.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Articulate, professional and clear verbal communication skills.
- Present information clearly and in an engaging way.
- Good interpersonal and rapport-building abilities.
- Precise and appropriate written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner
- Good listener; can understand the needs of customers and colleagues
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum grade A-C GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- A-C passes at A Level or equivalent.
- Degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject.
- Good knowledge of relevant technologies e.g. ASP.NET MVC, C#, Responsive Design, Agile
- Familiarity with Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
- Some knowledge of SQL (SQL Server and Oracle).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Keep up to date with advances in business area, new methods and ways of working.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Confident and accurate use of departmental computer systems/databases.
Your performance and development in the role will be discussed with you in a quarterly Personal Development Review (PDR) meeting and on a more in-depth basis annually. Your performance will be measured by:
- assessment of achievement of personal and team objectives
- assessment against competencies defined in this Job Profile
- feedback will be obtained from line manager, other selected managers, colleagues, third parties and stakeholders (both internal and external) as appropriate
Job profile changes
This job profile including reporting lines and job title will be reviewed regularly and will be changed as and when necessary in accordance with business requirements.